Date: 15th & 16th February (half days)
Duration: 09:30am – 01:30pm
Venue : online
Tutor: Steve Clark-Hall
This course will run over 2 day(s) from 09:30am to 01:30pm each day.
This course is run by Crew Academy West and is intended for those who wish to develop a good understanding of Movie Magic Scheduling.
This in-depth course is designed for people working in production, especially emerging producers, line producers, production managers, accountants, and emerging 1st ADs. Training includes practice in breaking down a narrative script and extracting data from the script at a level of detail required to build industry-standard budgets and schedules.
Key areas to be discussed during the course:
- Overview of the script to budget process
- Reviewing the key principles of breaking down a script
- Hands-on exercise marking up a short film script
- Hands-on exercise entering the data taken from the Short Film Script
- Design your strips to include all relevant data
- Schedule the Short Film Script
- Using a sample schedule for a “Major Motion Picture” do a fast Automatic Schedule – entering Day Breaks and Text banners
- Detailed Scheduling exercise
- Designing and exporting reports including DOODS, STRIP BOARDS AND “FULL FAT” SCHEDULES
- Work on an example of a Multi Territory/Multi Episodic TV Schedule
- Produce the Detailed Critical Assumptions Sheet that will “Drive” the budgeting process for the MMP and the Multi Territory TV Show
By the end of the course, you will have a greater understanding of the whole scheduling process and feel confident about starting to use Movie Magic Scheduling software on your own productions and develop the Critical Assumptions that can be used to drive the Budgeting process.
This hands-on programme is aimed at Film & TV Drama production personnel who wish to create and edit schedules of all sizes for all types of productions. Priority will be given to roles, such as Producers, Production crew and Assistant Directors, that are required to use the software as part of their roles.
Please apply online at this link by 12 pm on Monday 6th February 2023
For technical difficulties with the online system please email email@example.com
Film & TV Crew Academy West courses are open to all regardless of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
Steve Clark Hall – Producer/Line Producer
Steve is currently wrapping up a new Netflix TV series Half Bad, having completed work on series 1 of Armando Iannucci’s Avenue 5 for HBO. His production, Peter Kosminsky’s The State was broadcast on C4/Nat Geo in August 2017.
Steve set up Skyline Films in Edinburgh with his partner Mairi Bett. Steve is a long-serving UK producer and acts as a consultant for major film and TV companies, as UK co-producer, executive producer as well as developing original programming.
Steve Clark Hall produced the Warner Bros production King Arthur – Legend of the Sword. Steve has experience in producing a wide range of productions at different genres, budget levels and for different markets.
Prior to that, he produced the first 4 episodes of the NBC/Carnival miniseries Dracula, based in Budapest and two Warner Bros Sherlock Holmes films (director Guy Ritchie, starring Robert Downey Jnr, and Jude Law).
Steve has extensive experience filming outside the UK. Recently he produced “BRITZ” the BAFTA winning 2-part mini Series Directed by Peter Kosminsky, part of which was filmed in India. He has filmed in South Africa (Regis Warnier’s Man to Man), France (Secret Lies, directed by Julian Fellows), LA (Calendar Girls, directed by Nigel Cole), Hungary (Dracula), Spain (The State) amongst other countries.