Course: QQI LEVEL 6 TRAIN THE TRAINER COURSE
Date: Feb 2nd, 3rd, 13th
Duration: 3 x Days tutor-led remote delivery (09:30am-3:30pm), a half day online delivery self-directed, plus 20-30 self-directed learning hours to complete assignments for accreditation. The half day self-directed online needs analysis module will need to be completed in advance of the tutor led online dates.
Tutor(s): Andrew Gibson
This course would run over 3 x tutor-led remote delivery days (09:30am-3:30pm), a half day online delivery self-directed, plus 20-30 self-directed learning hours to complete assignments for accreditation. The half day self-directed online needs analysis module will need to be completed in advance of the tutor led online dates.
This QQI Certified Level 6 Training Delivery & Evaluation training programme, covers the nature of training, improving presentation and training skills, the trainer’s role, individual learning styles and best practice methods for evaluating training sessions.
In addition, learners will complete a Skills Needs Analysis module online via our LMS.
Following the training sessions, learners will continue their self-directed learning and complete assessment work to achieve their QQI Accreditation.
At the end of the course, each learner will be equipped with tools to train people to a high standard and start training immediately.
Some of what the course will cover:
- Gap analysis tools and techniques
- Steps in completing a Training Needs Analysis
- Analysing role competencies and tasks
- Defining training aims, objectives and outcomes
- Using SMART goals to map training objectives
- Structuring your day – scheduling breaks/energisers/activities
- Types of activities to schedule based on time of day.
- The best time to conduct reviews and summaries.
- Developing professional slides
- How to design handouts.
- How to engage learners
- Developing confidence and overcoming nerves
- Questioning and listening techniques
- Your professional image – professional slides/effective speaking skills
- Building rapport with your learners
- How to motivate learners and keep your courses fun and exciting
- The “survival” skills needed to succeed in training.
- Dealing with difficult delegates
- Models of evaluation
- Design your own evaluation forms
- Gathering evaluation data
- Analysing the results obtained from training
- Determine training problems and improvements
- Preparing an evaluation report
- Providing written and verbal feedback
This practical training programme has been designed to provide a comprehensive foundation on the effective planning and delivery of training. This course will be run specifically for crew, from the Film & TV Drama sector, who are interesting in developing and delivering training courses for National Talent Academies. Access to a computer/laptop, with a camera, microphone/speakers and good broadband will be required.
There is a max of 15participants per course.
Please apply online at this LINK by 12pm on Friday 20th January, 2023
For technical difficulties with the online system please email Lorraine.firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection on courses/programmes will be based on quality of application and industry experience relevant to the course and participant profile. We do not accept CVs so please make sure you outline all relevant experience in the application form.
Film & TV Crew Academies courses are open to all regardless of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
Company & Trainer Profile:
For over a decade, DCM Learning has been improving individual and business performance in Ireland and the UK. At our core, we believe people learn best by doing.
We design fun, powerful experiences that have a profound and lasting impact on people and their careers, inspiring new ways of thinking, building critical capabilities and unleashing business success.
Andrew Gibson is an accomplished training consultant with a practical and thought-provoking approach, yet he is entertaining and engaging. Through industry experience, he has acquired the knowledge and skills of successful management and recruitment and knows how to impart them to others. He has worked in training and development for over 20 years, helping people and organisations of all sizes and sectors achieve their goals.